Your Faja Size
To determine the perfect faja size, each of the brands on our website has one or several size charts that relate to the dimensions of your body (in centimeters or inches, kilos or pounds) with the corresponding faja size. Fajas run small choosing the right size is as important as acquiring the faja itself.
How to measure your body to find the ideal size?
The more accurate the measurements you take of your body, the more appropriate the faja size will be. However, many people do not know how to measure themselves, which can lead to unsatisfactory experiences.
To take your body measurements you only need a measuring tape. Once you have it, you should stand up, straight and without slouching. In turn, it is recommended to wear only underwear, since outer clothing can alter the dimensions of your body.
|WAIST||It is measured on the navel or slightly above|
|HIPS||Measured by the widest part. Remember that the legs must be together. If you have pants on, lower them to your knees.|
|BUST||The contour is measured just below your breasts and around your back. It can be done with the bra on.|
|HEIGHT||Measured with a straight back, feet together and head aligned. It is recommended that another person take this measure for you.|
|WEIGHT||It is recommended that you weigh yourself in the morning on an empty stomach. When using the scale, take off shoes, clothes and anything that carries weight.|
Fajas Size Recommendations
Please consider that fajas run small. The tables presented here are official brand standards. Sizes for some skus could change a bit because certain designs handle different measuring ranges. But, do not worry, in the description of each product in our store you can find a link to the corresponding size chart. It is important that you always verify your size before purchasing any new garment.
Size of Your Clothing. As you can see, the size charts of some faja brands compare their sizing methodology to that of everyday clothing. However, outerwear is designed to represent various different styles: You could have wide and long dresses in your wardrobe, or tight blouses and pants. In comparison, fajas serve to mold and style the body, and it is a fundamental requirement that they fit a bit tight against your body. In that sense, we recommend that you do not choose your faja size based solely on standard sizes. Verify the size chart of each product with your body measurements.
Compresion Level. Fajas can be high, medium or low compression. According to said level, the material with which the girdle is made can be more or less rigid. Also, the range of measurements for sizes is different. Therefore, a S-size high compression girdle will tighten more than a S-size reducing girdle. Similarly, you can be size XL for a waist trainer and at the same time be size M for a post-surgical girdle of the same brand.
In that sense, if you are looking for a faja with a specific level of compression, opt for models designed for that exact compression level. Do not try to reduce or increase or try "to eye" or "guesstimate" the size of certain fajas just so that they are more or less tight, measure yourself and buy accordingly. If not, your fajas experience can be disappointing and it can even affect your health.
How do I know if my torso is long or short? With the help of a tape measure the distance between the breast area and the lower part of your abdomen. If the measurement is 12 inches or more, you have a long torso. If on the other hand the measurement is less than 11 inches then you have a short torso. If you do not trust that the measure you are taking is correct, it is also advisable to know what your height is, this can also determine your torso length.
Size Charts of Colombian Fajas Brands
Below, are the size charts for each of one of our brands. We invite you to use them as a reference. You will note that each Colombian brand bases its sizes on different measurements. All brands run small. Click on the brand name to see the corresponding size chart.
- Fajas Salomé. Their sizes take into account weight, waist and type of use (daily or post-surgical).
- Diane Poitiere (línea exclusiva de Diane & Geoirdi). Diane Poitiere measurement tables take into account height, waist and hips.
- Fajas MyD. It has as reference only the waist measurement.
- Fajas Ann Chery. For your waist measurement, please take a tape measure and place it around your waist, going over your belly button. The tape should not be too tight or too loose, tighten it firmly and see the number determined by the tape. That will be your waist measurement. And for your hips measurement, take the tape measure and place it around your hips (in its most prominent part). The tape should not be too loose or too tight. The number on the measuring tape is the number of your hip measurement.
- Fajas MariaE. The first step to buying a MariaE faja is to identify what the objective and use case is, maybe it is for surgical support, a shaper or reducer to use with a special dress, for daily use, etc., Fajas MariaE has options for every need. Next, go for comfort, and by the type of clothing you will wear over it, so that it is not visible for example. Once these two points are decided, proceed to find the correct size. The appropriate size must be in accordance with the MariaE Girdle size chart so you avoid the body being mistreated and exert an annoying and unnecessary compression.
- Fajas Fajitex. In the case of fajas with bras, the contour of the bust, not the cup, is taken as the measurement. Remember to follow the measurement system! The tables are in centimeters or inches, kilos or pounds.